Wondering what to expect at Knutsford Jelly? Here are some ideas and general guides!
- A Jelly is a relaxed and informal event, and you can come and go as you please - you don't need to be there at the start, or stay through to the end. Turn up for the whole day, just an hour, or whatever suits you!
- It's a coworking event, not a networking event! A Jelly is different from networking, in that the aim is not to try and sell to others - take a look at Judy Heminsley's fantastic site to get a better idea of what this means.
- The idea is to be a friendly and welcoming environment for you to get your work done. Generally, people turn up, say hello, then plug in their laptop (or get out their notebooks!) and get started.
- What happens next? Well, as Judy Heminsley says: "...the usual pattern for a Jelly is that it’s quiet at first while people settle in to their work, but then somebody might ask a question, maybe about an annoying technical problem that’s been bothering them. Somebody else will have an answer, and some chat will develop, either among the group as a whole or between individuals. And then people will return to work and peace will prevail…till the next round of chat."
- And... well, that's it! Book a place, come along, get a feel for the event - and we're pretty sure you'll love the idea of Knutsford Jelly as much as we do!